We have a few guidelines in my house: We take care of others, we take care of ourselves, and we take care of things. Sometimes life sees these expectations bent, broken, and utterly blasted to pieces.
I usually have a great peace about the way we are doing things as a family -- what we're emphasizing and what we're not. But when the going gets tough, I can forget what's up and what's down. But even when I'm feeling ragged, I can take refuge in this: What is easy is not necessarily right, and what is hard is not necessarily wrong. Onward.
Here are some recent parenting-related reads:
- This speaks to my heart and the way we aim to do life with our little
- Reminding our children we're rooting for them
- A sobering, but important read. (I'm doing this.)
- Raising body-positive children
- Which do you value more? Achievement or kindness?
Cheers to you, parents and parent-supporters alike! May we never get tired of learning and persevering for the sake of love.